ama essay format example
Instructions on format for AMA are not explicitly stated in the AMA Manual of Style. These instructions come from Dr. Abel Scribe’s AMA MedStyle Stat!. Please use these guidelines as a rough estimate only of the requirements, and seek your professor’s expertise for more concrete support.
All sections of the paper are single-spaced. Double-space between paragraphs and sections.
- When dates are provided in the text, use numerals for day and year, and write out the month, e.g., April 2, 2010.
- If using dates in a table, you may use numerals for the month (e.g., 4/2/2010).
NOTE: Unfortunately the AMA Manual of Style is not very specific on formats to use, including a format for the Title Page. Be sure and check with your instructor or the publisher to whom you are submitting a paper for more specific formatting rules.
Always refer to the assignment guidelines when it comes formatting your writing. If your assignment does not specify any formatting, follow these general AMA guidelines:
Take a look at this sample AMA paper from Western Oregon University. Although most of your assignments will not be long research papers such as this and may require different formatting, pay attention to the general style, headings, and how it cites its sources.
References from: “AMA Manual of Style, 10th ed.”
- Authors’ Name
- Degrees (above bachelors)
- E-mail Addresses
- Institutional Affiliation
- Word Count (for text only, excluding title, abstract, references, tables, and figures)
1. The abstract is devoted to the proceedings of the conference:
1. Forthcoming materials.