case study essay format
Remember to put down everything that you find out in notes. It is critical that you have everything documented, should you need to return to some point of your study. Also, write down what you think about those findings and how you have come to them. If you used calculations or testings for finding a possible solution to a problem, they also need to be thoroughly documented in detail.
Use your tools to analyze the problem
If there are individuals who have assisted you in your study, but they are not co-authors, make sure to acknowledge them.
The next part of design is the discussion of the marketing strategy and services used during the process. For sure, you must present the most new and successful methods that led the customer or a company to prosperity in the marketing industry in particular. Then, feel free to show the results of your marketing approaches and even the feedback from the company, if possible. In a conclusion, explain what you have learnt and tell if this knowledge may fit others.
- Is your thesis statement clear and direct?
- Have you provided solid evidence?
- Is any component from the analysis missing?
A case study analysis requires you to investigate a business problem, examine the alternative solutions, and propose the most effective solution using supporting evidence.
- Introduction – Write an introduction where you identify the key problem and make a summary of the thesis statement in 1 or 2 sentences.
- Background Information – Include some relevant facts and issues and conduct research on the problem.
- Alternatives – Describe several alternatives and explain why some were rejected. Describe existing constraints and explain why some alternatives were rejected.
- Solution – Provide one realistic solution to the problem, explain the reasons behind the proposed solution, support this solution with justification, include relevant theoretical concepts in addition to the results of your research.
- Recommendations – Identify specific strategies to accomplish the proposed solution, recommend further actions, outline an implementation plan.
Finalize your paper, proofread it several times, and check the format before submission. It may take several days but it makes for better writing to not be in a hurry. Editing is scrupulous work but it pays off when you receive your grade. So, don’t try to cut corners on proofreading, editing, and formatting.
Problems to avoid:
Here is a rough formula for you to use in your case study:
Problem (Act I): > Solution (Act II) > Result (Act III) > Conclusion.