owl essay format
For more information about when you should cite borrowed information, be sure to check out the Avoiding Plagiarism tutorial here in the OWL.
Here, you can see that a journal article accessed from a database looks very different from a book.
- Double-space all of the text of your paper, and use a clear font, such as Times New Roman or Courier 12-point font.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides, and indent the first line of a paragraph one half-inch from the left margin.
- List your name, your instructor’s name, the course, and the date in the upper left-hand corner of the first page. This is your heading. There is no cover page.
- Type a header in the upper right-hand corner with your last name, a space, and then a page number. Pages should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.
- Provide in-text citations for all quoted, paraphrased, and summarized information in your paper.
- Include a Works Cited page at the end of your paper that gives full bibliographic information for each item cited in your paper.
- If you use endnotes, include them on a separate page before your Works Cited page
- Your Works Cited page at the end of your project should line up with the in-text citations in the body of your essay.
MLA stands for the Modern Language Association. Most papers that use MLA formatting and citation style are those written in the humanities, especially in languages and literature. In 2016, the MLA Handbook was updated in an effort to simplify much of the documentation process in MLA format.
- Apa style website citation purdue owl
- Apa interview citation purdue owl
- Owl purdue apa video in text citations
- Apa style writing purdue owl
- Purdue owl apa film in text citation
- Purdue owl apa in paper citation
In order to present a fair and convincing message, you may need to anticipate, research, and outline some of the common positions (arguments) that dispute your thesis. If the situation (purpose) calls for you to do this, you will present and then refute these other positions in the rebuttal section of your essay.
The introduction is the broad beginning of the paper that answers three important questions:
1. Core Elements
This is a list of all the sources you have used to research your paper.